Thursday, November 29, 2012


Just Keep Swimming

The past six months I have been very lucky – more often than not, I feel connected to the Universe, tapped into the Divine and just generally in the flow. But, of course, there are times when I’m not. I’m not sure why, maybe fear and ego get in the way but there are days – sometimes many in a row – when I feel like everything I’ve learned and all the hard work I’ve done just flies out the window. It frustrates me that it’s not often clear how I got kicked out of the flow and that can rarely point to one specific thing that gets me back to where I need to be. I wish I could, so that I had some secret recipe to keep the positivity going and zap me right back when I’m struggling.

The best I can do when I’m feeling that way is to meditate, laugh at myself and ask for guidance. And, if I jump outside my own head for a bit, doing things like sneaking love notes into secret places and taking the time to help someone else can help get be back too. Above all, I know that the ultimate fix is just trusting that whatever muck I’m in at the moment is temporary and I’ll soon be back swimming in the flow. I have to remember…just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.

How do you get back in the flow when fear, ego and the general messiness of life make you feel disconnected?

No comments:

Post a Comment